Monday 11 July 2011

Catch Up!

I have a day at home today - working - but at least I am at home!
So, before I go up to my craft room and crack on, here is what I have been up to the last few days....
Friday had a busy start with 3 deliveries of goodies before 9am!!
The first 2 boxes were QVC kits for shows coming up (sneeky peeks of those will follow over the next few days) and the third box was my demo goodies from Woodware that I had requested!
I really, really love demonstrating in stores at weekends - as I get to choose what I would like to demonstrate! How great is that!!
The store tell me the general idea of what they would like - stamping; cardmaking; scrapbooking - then I can choose all the products that I would like to use!
So for the demonstration next week in Liverpool - this is what my box had in it:


Stampendous and Woodware Stamps; Peel Offs and the AMAZING Crafty Edger Punch!
I did a You Tube video of this punch system a few months ago and I cannot wait to show everyone this weekend how to use it - it is truly amazing!
So, if you are in Liverpool this Saturday - come and say Hello!
(Full info on the right hand side of this blog!)
So, Friday was spent mostly doing last minute work on kits for the shows I did yesterday on QVC and getting ready for my demo last Saturday at Crafty Company in Fleetwood.
I love going to the Crafty Company, they are always so friendly and helpful and their customers are just fab. I also love that you can hear seagulls all day too - brings back happy memories of days out as children!
I was demonstrating how to make quick and simple baby cards using lots of new products - it was great fun to sit and just papercraft for the day - No stamps; no inks - just paper and embellishments! Great fun and somewhat out of my comfort zone - But I think it is always good to go out of your comfort zone once in a while - Forces us to try different things, don't you think?
Here are some of the many cards I made together with some of the fab paper mache letters I decorated with paint, paper and embellishments - these were SO much fun and they are only £2.45 per letter - How good is that!!!
Wouldn't they make a great gift idea?
And look what I came home with - Lemon Drizzle Cake and Ginger Cake................. Yummy!!
Crafty Company have a coffee shop and have the most delicious, scrummy cakes!! Mmmmmmm.
Saturday night was then spent packing and getting ready to get on the road to London on Sunday!
Sunday, I travelled down to QVC to be part of the TSV launch hours with Anna Griffin.
Did you see the gorgeous TSV - it is truly stunning! And what about Anna's papers; stamps and punches!! Wow!!
I then followed at 1am with some more Christmas goodies including Tim Holtz stamps, papers, ribbons and many more - It was a great two hours and Anna is such a lovely lady, it was so good to see her again and catch up.
Here's a quick tag I made with the Tim Holtz stamps:
Thought you might like to see this funny little picture of me...................... (cannot believe I am sharing this with you!!!!)
This was taken about 5 minutes before I went on air at 1am! I had really bad hayfever - and the only way for me to stop sneezing is to plug my nose with tissue!!!! Ha Ha - Anyone else do this??? He He! Ah well, had a great show anyway - so it was worth it!
Got back to the hotel at about 2:30am and was fast asleep 10 minutes later after taking all my hayfever tablets!!
Monday morning it was off to QVC as I was shooting promo photos and film - this was SO funny!!
Can't tell you anything just yet - but it was like an acting class - hilarious!!!!
Here's a little photo.......................
Then it was into studio to set up for the 3pm show - Had such a giggle setting up for this show!
I so wish you could see what goes on behind the scenes, especially in the set up of a show with computers and monitors - let's just say, that right up to the very last minute things can go wrong!!!! Ha Ha!
It was a great show and had a fab mixture of CD's and other cardmaking kits such as an amazing offer on Mirri Card; beautiful Petaloo Velvet Butterflies and a fab bumper white card kit!!
Here's some samples from that show:
It was then a quick meeting and catch up with the buyers - always such great meetings and lots of exciting things coming up - but cannot tell you anything yet!!! Sorry!
We were then on the road home to our little boy!
Phew!!!
So, now, after a fab nights sleep - I am home working for the day and must get upstairs into my craft room for the day!
Got to prep cards for this Saturdays demo and also samples for next Tuesdays shows at 10am and 2pm!
See you all then
Big Hugs
Amy
x

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have been so busy, thanks for sharing all the makes and stuff. I have to say I have one problem with Anna Griffin stuff.....you buy it and you end up breaking your heart putting a scissors to it. I keep mine for scrapbooking as I can't bear cutting into it! Saw some stunning stuff yesterday when I had a chance to watch and confess to getting that Mirri Card because it was a bargain!!

CraftygasheadZo said...

Wow Amy! You're QVC shows were fab, loved the cd's & The TSV was amazing but couldn't afford it. Oh well. I often wonder what happens off screen, and can imagine the frantic rushing around! lol Thanks for sharing. Zo x

Bernie Simmons said...

It was a lovely TSV I bought one very similar to the one advertised Yesterday must be three years ago and have only finished using it the first year it did ALL My Christmas card with lots left over last year I had lots of the papers left so cut them on the cricut and made use of them that way ...still had more left and have been using them throughout the year on bits and pieces even matting and layering this kit just goes on and on.......Liked your tag too Amy, now that is out of my comfort zone. I am a tidy crafter in that what I make has to be right though I like the Tim Holtz/Ranger stuff I find it very hard to be shabby!

Bernie Simmons said...

It was a lovely TSV I bought one very similar to the one advertised Yesterday must be three years ago and have only finished using it the first year it did ALL My Christmas card with lots left over last year I had lots of the papers left so cut them on the cricut and made use of them that way ...still had more left and have been using them throughout the year on bits and pieces even matting and layering this kit just goes on and on.......Liked your tag too Amy, now that is out of my comfort zone. I am a tidy crafter in that what I make has to be right though I like the Tim Holtz/Ranger stuff I find it very hard to be shabby!