Wednesday 13 July 2011

Home Decor Project!

On a recent show on QVC I did a full hour of the amazing USArtquest products and I have had loads of emails asking me how I made the picture frame that I showed!!
Well, here it is in step by step photos!!!
Apologies for the delay - been a bit manic recently!

Start with a MDF photo frame


Paint the frame using the palette included in the kit


Tear a section of one of the napkins. Dampen the edge of the section that you want with water - makes it really easy to tear!


Place the napkin on to the frame where you think it fits. The napkin is layed on dry - and you then apply the PPA Gloss over the top with the brush included too!



Repeat the process until the whole frame is covered! Be sure to match up the design as much as you can.





Make sure you paint over all of the napkin - including the bits that go over the edge and on to the back of the frame! The PPA is an adhesive - so sets the napkin into place.


Viola! How stunning is that?!



Close up photo shows you the beautiful texture you get from the napkin!


I used the Napkin Collage kit from QVC - here is the link to the kit and I have also made quite a few cards and I have so many more home decor projects in the pipeline using this kit and more of the many USArtquest products - they are going to be used in lots of my Christmas gifts! I have decided to do more homemade gifts this year!!
Just need to set aside time in my diary now to get working on them!! Lol!!

Make sure you check back again very soon - my next entry with be BLOG CANDY!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that's the sort of thing I could use for ideas for Christmas gifts....if I could find a suitable frame I would give it a go.
Hmm blog candy upcoming....I shall be waiting and watching

Elaine ♥ said...

Just gorgeous Amy, what a fab project, I love it!

Elaine ♥

CraftygasheadZo said...

What a fab frame! Blog candy, oooh will be watching out for that. Take Care Zo x

Louise said...

ooh, this is gorgeous Amy, thanks for sharing xx

Unknown said...

This is lovely and I am just getting into this it is amazing x Leigh x

Ger said...

This is gorgeous! Just been browsing your blog and it's full of inky goodness so I'll be a regular visitor. Ger x.

Sharon Noble said...

stunning it looks fantastic x