Saturday 10 October 2009

Queens Conference Centre - QVC Event

What a great few days I have had in London!
I have been holding make and takes at an event hosted by QVC at the Queens Conference Centre!
Travelled down by train on Wednesday to meet up with Dawn and JJ at their hotel. We went out for dinner on Wednesday night with the lovely people from Stix2 - good fun mixed with a little bit of business!
Then up Thursday morning and an early start setting up our tables ready for people arriving at 1pm. Lots of companies were there including Inspire Me; Personal Impressions; Loralie; Kanban; Stix2; Crafthouse Press; Marking World; Craftwork Cards; Woodware; Craft UK Ltd; Paper Cellar and I was there on behalf of PotteryCrafts. We were all doing make and takes with brand new products coming up at QVC - I had a gorgeous stamp set, that I am just going to have to buy! I was stamping with Memento; Colouring in with Sakura and then watercolouring over the top and matting layering on to co-ordinating card stock - Simple but gorgeous!












It was so lovely to meet so many people who enjoy the shows and love their crafting! Such a great mixture of people - we had young and old, women and men - Some of the men even had a go!


This gentleman came along as his wife's driver (!!!) and I persuaded him to have a go! He did a great job and then wrote in a message to his wife inside! How cute is that!! Come on men - Have a go at cardmaking - we need more men in this industry!!!












Then Thursday night we all went out for a meal to a Thai restaurant - it was gorgeous! The dishes were set out beautifully, presentation was amazing and the taste was wow!!! I was sat across from Lindsay Mason - we were right in the middle of a table of 20 of us and we had such a giggle - Everyone else was drinking but I am not a fan of alcohol to be honest and neither is Lindsay so it was quite funny seeing everyone else getting a bit squiffy!!! He he.
Friday morning we woke up a bit later at 9am - had breakfast in our room (i was sharing a suite with Dawn and JJ) I had pancakes with bacon and maple syrup mmmmmmmmmm! We then jumped into a taxi, stopped off quickly at a beautiful shop for Dawn to buy a new top for the day and then we arrived at the Conference Centre at about 12 where Dawn had a quick meeting with Kanban and the QVC buyers to go through some new kits before everyone arrived at 1pm to start the day again!
Another great day on the Friday with so many great people (some very cheeky ones too!! You know who you are!! he he) Then when the event finished at 6pm, we cleared up and left at about 7:30pm. Me, Dawn, JJ and Judith from Woodware then went for some dinner quickly at a gorgeous little restaurant near Harrods before Judith caught her train and we set off on the journey home at about 9:30pm!! I finally arrived at my front door at about 1am this morning!!! Looked in on Ben who was fast asleep in bed - gave him a kiss and told him that I loved him and then sunk into bed and cuddled up to Chris! I miss them so much when I am away but enjoy myself too!
Well, going to enjoy the rest of my day off today - Back in work tomorrow preparing for Craft Day on the 20th October - It's going to be a very exciting day - The TSV is so exciting and I cannot wait for you all to see it so make sure you tune in at midnight on Monday 19th October!!!
Until then
x

No comments: