Monday 6 July 2009

Quick Scrapbook Pages

Well, I got 3 hours to myself yesterday afternoon as Ben slept and hubbie was at work! Bliss!!
So, I put Parent Trap (one of my favourite films!) on the TV - made a pot of coffee, grabbed a bar of chocolate and sat down to do some scrapbooking!! What a way to spend Sunday afternoon!

I had some new papers to play with from Basic Grey - LEMONADE and some beautiful papers from We R Memory Keepers called Tiffany's! It's no wonder I was attracted to these papers as it is my dream to own a ring from Tiffany's one day plus of course one of my favourite films is Breakfast at Tiffany's with the amazing Audrey Hepburn - she is one of my all time favourite actresses. All the papers all have individual names too - Monroe; Streisand; Loren - What great names for a collection of papers.


So, I pulled out the Tiffany's range first and went to work on the Hepburn paper, of course! I wanted to do a page with my wedding photos (I still have not even started by scrapbook of my wedding yet!!!) A lot of my photos are in black and white so this bright coloured paper works perfectly with it. First of all i took 2 pink flowers from Bazzill Basics and placed Glossy Accents on to each petal, placed these aside to dry. I took a strip from the Loren paper which says "All You Need Is Love Is All You Need" and pierced it at the ends to tie ric rac ribbon through. I then glued a pink flower to the bottom left hand side of the page, then alternated with a black one and so on. The sentiment was then laid over the top of the flowers and attached to the 12" x 12" with the ric rab ribbon. Photos were attached at a slight angle at the top side of the paper and it was done!









My next page was with the Lemonade papers from Basic Grey - these are beautiful, so girly! So I wanted to use a picture of my niece Alicia! She loves smiling for the camera with her cheeky little grin.
First of all I took 2 of the pink Bazzil Basics flowers (loving these at the minute - can you tell!!) Decorated one with Glossy Accents and one with Distress Cracle Paint from Ranger - put them aside to dry! I then used the Picnic Table card as my base - Took a piece of 12 x 12 White ColorCore and teared it down ever edge to create a distressed look. I then teared off two strips of paper from the Cherry Blossom & Saltwater Taffy papers and layed them on to the white color core. I matted my photo on to a piece of the pretty petals paper from the same range of stuck all my paper down on to my white color core and then stuck this down on to my base 12 x 12. I finished it off by placing my flowers and sticking some glitter crystals into the centre of my flowers with glossy accents. My journalling was done with Dodlebug Candy Shoppe stickers!
I then made a few birthday cards that needed making and then I had to stop - washing needed doing and pots to wash!! I wish I could be like Mary Poppins and just click my fingers and it would all just do itself!!!
x

No comments: