Tuesday 13 September 2011

Busy Weekend!

What a busy weekend I had........
Saturday I was at Crafty Company in Fleetwood with my good friends Jo & Brenda who I have worked and crafted with for years - here are some photos from the day:-
We had a fantastic day demonstrating lots of different stamping techniques for Christmas - Jo was paper piecing with some beautiful stamps from Woodware and I was stamping using another gorgeous stamp from Woodware - Christmas Rose! Also, I was using my favourite Crafty Edger from Woodware which everyone loved again! Brenda was making and taking - and we raised some money for the East Lancs Hospice too - Thankyou to everyone who came, it was such a fun, fun day!
Here are the stamps that we were using from WOODWARE with codes - as whenever I put sample up on my Blog, I get so many email requesting details of the stamps, that I thought I would be more organised today and give them you in advance!! Lol
Christmas Rose: JGS256
Tree Quartet - JGCL550
Patchwork Dove - FRS107
Patch a Bauble - FRCL209

Enjoy!!

Saturday night I went to a Body Shop Party that my sister was hosting - stocked up on my Coconut Body Butter for my holidays (4 weeks and counting!!!) and also tried a couple of new smells, which were lovely too! I am such a sucker for anything with Vanilla in - as long as it is the sweet vanilla smell, not musky!
Sunday morning I was up bright and early as I was off to meet my friend Julie and her Husband Joe for a day at the GNPE show in Harrogate!
It was my first time at the show - and it was brilliant! So many stands with lots of demonstrations going on!
This is a retail show so it is all retailers who have the stands so - when you can buy!!!! Woo Hoo - walked around once to see everything and then walked round again to buy! Treat myself to some beautiful metal embellishments and stocked up on some diamante's.
This show is run by Craftwork Cards - they had a GORGEOUS stand and stunning samples!
Here's some photos from the show!
I was also asked by Julie and Sue of Craftwork Cards to take part in their annual READY, STEADY, CRAFT card competition! This was such a blast - I had no idea what I was putting myself in for - but that's part of the fun eh!
There were 4 of us taking part and we had to stand up on a stage infront of lots of people - we were given a bag with 5 random craft items from the show and had to make a card in 3 minutes!!! So fun - I opened my bag and I had one topper from Craftwork Cards; one message; one piece of card candy(!!); a promarker and a sachet of sugar!!!!!!!!!
So funny!!
Here's some photos!!
Then after the show Sue and Julie had asked if I would join them at Sue's home for dinner and a catch up - so, off we went for Pizza and Pudding! Yummy!!!
We had such a giggle, cannot tell you why really - Lol - Sue would be embarrased - but, let's just say that we ate from cardboard boxes and then pudding was served on the queens best china!! Too funny!!!!
Here's a couple of photos of the night:
I then drove home - and crawled into bed shattered - after,, of course, kissing Ben who was fast asleep in bed! Love his little snoring noises!
This week is a mixture of cleaning; shopping; watching QVC as Marion has been on this week and Dyan Reavley did her first shows too - Loving it!!
Well, best crack on - got show to prep for next Tuesday at QVC - there are 7 New Todays in one hour alone!! Wow!!!
Also, got to prep for my workshops at the end of the month here in Lancashire and Aberdeen workshops on 8th & 9th October - Phew!!!
Have a great week everyone
x

2 comments:

Louise said...

What a busy weekend you've had! See you on the 25th!

Anonymous said...

REally loved reading all your adventures, sounds like you need a break!!!